Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Issues with Dishes on Monday!

It doesn't matter what my week looks like, come Monday morning I have a pile of dishes in the sink, near the sink, around the sink area that need to be washed. And Monday morning seems to be the time I end up doing them - ALL of them.
You see, my dishwasher isn't working- well, actually it's a water softner that isn't working, so the dishwasher doesn't work well enough even it if is working. So, I wash dishes on Monday morning, may even do them Monday evening, then the rest of the week, I find myself rinsing and setting them off to the side for later. ... later doesn't usually come till Monday morning. I have good intentions, and last week- well, we were gone more than we were here.
So why should I confess such a 'failure' in my life to all of you who wash your dishes after each meal and always have a spotless home, let alone kitchen? (at least it is every time I drop in on you.)
Well, this morning as I wash yet another sink full, I've been pondering how this resembles things that we deal with in our lives. Issues that come up rarely start with one big blow. It is most often one little dish, added to a bowl & spoon from breakfast, with a couple of coffee cups, with a few more dishes, silverware & glasses from the next meal, and a knife from buttering a piece of toast....you get the idea. Pretty soon the sink is full and so is the complexity of the issue we are dealing with. And then you add to it a dishwasher not working, no wait- it's even deeper than that- it's the water softener.... again, the issue is compounded with intensity.
So what am I going to do about it?
  1. Well, I'm going to 'do the next thing" in front of me right now- another stack of dishes.
  2. My 'always thinking of how to do things better' daughter is going to pick up a dish drainer at Walmart today- so instead of just rinsing, each of us can just quickly wash and let drain. Then just put away.
  3. And I'm going to check into a water softener, or alternative method to get this source of my issue dealt with as soon as possible.
  4. I might have to start putting away a bit of money so that I can pay for it without having to put it on a credit card.... which would lead me to a whole other issue.

So what's your issue today? What are the steps you are going to take to make things different next week? It won't be different unless we take the step today!

Go for it! I am! Happy washing!

Psalm 90:12 "O teach us to live well. Teach us to live wisely and well." (the MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment