Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Remember

I've been pondering this word "remember"! Definition?
To call to mind,
to think of again,
to bring back to mind by effort,
to recollect, to recall,
to keep in the memory,
to be careful not to forget,
to keep a person in mind with some feeling

to keep a person in minbd for a present, legacy ( such as 'remember' the waiter)
to mention a person to another as sending regards (remember me to your mother)
to remind

Wow! So many different aspects of remembering!
But I one thing I notice right away!
It is the phrase " bring back to mind BY EFFORT!" It takes work to remember. It stirs up emotions and generates energy that inspires or drains. It takes time to 'ponder all these things" as Mary did when Jesus was born.

And then, the question comes "What am I supposed to remember?"
I can't remember everything- so what is important to remember.

"Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them. Remember the day you stood before the Lord your God..." Deut. 4: 9-10

I guess this blogspot is helping me 'remember' in lot's of ways. Pardon me while I ponder on this some more! I'd love to hear what it is you are 'remembering'

No comments:

Post a Comment